1 year ago
Tuesday, June 05, 2012
Opening day at the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market will consist of:
• Free Alexian Brothers and Davey Tree Tote Bags for customers
• More than 20 vendors with fresh vegetables, breads, olives, spices, honey, fresh cut flowers, t-shirts, artwork and concessions
• NEW! Weekly Kids Row run by community partners. Kids can partake in fun, on-site activities and also have a chance to win prizes by trying a new vegetable each week and showing a recently checked out Gail Borden Public Library book to one our Kid’s Row Harvest Market volunteers. This promotion is held in conjunction with the Gail Borden Public Library’s summer reading program “Reading is So Delicious”.
• NEW! Weekly cooking demonstrations with Chef Quincy Owens. Each week Chef Quincy, a personal chef and Elgin Community College graduate, will show market patrons how to take available products at the market and transform them into a great meal or snack for your family.
• Weekly live entertainment with DJ Greg from Fun Time Music spinning music.
• The Elgin Fire Department will also be on hand weekly with their trucks and various fire fighting and rescue equipment. This is the public’s opportunity to meet and mingle with their local firefighters and become familiar with the tools of their trade.
• Interactive, informational community and sponsor booths focusing on wellness, environment, sustainability, and the community.
Thanks to a grant from the Fit for Kids program, customers will be able to use their EBT/Link cards as well as credit cards at the market information booth to purchase tokens for buying products at the market.
For more details about weekly events, live entertainment and attractions at the 2012 Downtown Elgin Harvest Market, visit www.ElginHarvestMarket.com
The Downtown Elgin Harvest Market is presented by Alexian Brothers Health System and is sponsored by Davey Tree, Waste Management, Armida & Joe Dominguez, Chiro One, Salon Couture and Simple Balance Holistic Center. The City of Elgin is a Downtown Elgin Harvest Market partner.
For more information on the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market or how to get involved, please contact Harvest Market manager Jennifer Benson at 847-488-1456 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Jason Pawlowski at 8:18 AM