1 year ago
Friday, June 02, 2006
Photo by Kirk Lawler
"An eagle looks to the sun...
One of the many noteworthy architectural details of the Elgin Tower building. Completed in 1929, this example of the Art Deco style is still Elgin's tallest building."
If you'd like a print of this photo, stop by the DNA office at 2 Douglas and it can be yours for a mere $15. While you're there, take a few minutes to view the other photos of downtown Elgin provided by Kirk Lawler.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Various maps are available on the city of Elgin web site.
Some downtown maps of note.
Neighborhood Association Map
Enterprise Zone Map
TIF District Map
Capital Improvement Project Map
Current & Proposed Development Downtown Map
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
- Please provide your own camera. Make sure to bring extra batteries!
- We request a $10 per party donation to Chicago White Sox Charities. Cash donations only, please.
- Access to the Trophy is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We recommend arriving early. Wait times have been exceeding one hour. If you have small children, we suggest bringing a small activity to keep them engaged.
- We will end the line once the "wait" time exceeds the end time of the event
For more information, please call 312-674-5197
Posted by Jason Pawlowski at 8:03 AM
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I Spy Downtown - Elgin Picture Riddles
Search for the architectural details pictured
in the flyer. Write the address of the buildings in
the spaces provided. All entries receive a
free "Exploring Elgin" coloring book upon
completion. Correctly completed entries will
be entered into a raffle for prizes from area
Entries are due at the Tower Building at
2 Douglas Ave. from 8:30a - 5:00p M-F;
or through the mail slot by June 9th,2006.