Here's what's happening this Thursday, August 18 at the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market from 10AM-4PM at 200 N. Grove Avenue, located across from the Gail Borden Public Library and next to The Centre of Elgin:
• Alexian Brothers Health System Booth – the Neurosciences folks and Joyce Ancona will be present to help market goers learn their stroke score cards and blood pressures.
• Davey Tree Booth–"Ask an Arborist!" - educational information about trees and our environment.
• Simple Balance Holistic Center – will have information on hand of wellness programs and packages offered, as well as upcoming workshops and events.
• Salon Couture–an Aveda salon - will have information about their products and services, plus maybe a raffle or hand massage.
• ECCO/ECN’s Sustainable Booth: Elgin Public Museum - Fun with pH! Test water samples to see if Elgin’s water is in balance; then test other liquids to see how they compare with water.
• Community Booth: Community Crisis Center - will be providing information regarding their services and have Terri Naaf selling reusable fabric gift bags and other sewing crafts that will go 100% to the Community Crisis Center.
• Find the Downtown Wandering Gnome! You will find clues posted at the market with a picture of the gnome hiding in a nearby DNA Downtown Member Organization/Business. First ten people to find the gnome within the next week will get a prize.
• Merchandise for Sale at the Downtown Neighborhood Association Booth:
- - New Harvest Market T-shirts $10- $15
- - Elgin Tower Building Puzzles $5
- - Vintage Elgin Seeds Magnet $3.50
- - Weekly Recipe Cards $1
Click here to see photos of our new Harvest Market t-shirts > > >
For more information about the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market, contact Harvest Market Manager Jennifer Benson at (847) 488-1456 or e-mail ElginHarvestMarket@gmail.com