During the week of January 11-17, the DNA will launch an all-social media promotion for downtown businesses.
The promotion features offers that are combinations of 2010. For example, 2 dinner entrees for $20.10. Or $2 off a purchase of $10 or more.
The promotion is being pushed solely through social media, starting here with this blog post, continuing through Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare, and going, well, as far as the social media world wants to take it.
We will post the 2010 offers on January 11. DNA blog followers, Facebook fans and Twitter followers will be the first to see the promotions!
Here’s how it works:
- Become a DNA Facebook Fan, Twitter Follower or Foursquare User*** (fans and followers will get updates on specials throughout the week)
- Share the great deals with your friends, fans and followers through your own social networks.
- Visit as many of the participating businesses during the week of January 11-17 as you can cram in.
- Be sure to mention to the business owner, clerk or server where you heard about the offer.
- Post your feedback about where you went and your experience there via social media using #DNA2010. All those who post comments using this hashtag will be entered in a drawing to win a Rediscover Downtown Elgin t-shirt. We will announce the 3 winners via social media on 01/20/10 at 10AM!
Be a part of our social media experiment, explore Downtown Elgin and ring in the new year with great deals and specials!
*** Never heard of Foursquare? It's a location based social network to let others in your network know where you are (only when you want them to know). You get points for check-ins, unlock badges for visiting certain businesses (e.g. gyms, restaurants, bars) and can obtain "mayorship" by checking in at a location two times. Downtown Elgin consumers can check in at the participating businesses to unlock secret discounts only available to Foursquare users.